Grain Free Low Sugar Granola
Thank you Clare for sending over this great granola recipe. All the ingredients are available at Nature's Treats, mostly from our refill area so you only need to buy the amount you need! Most of our prodcuts are organic too so it's easy to make this super tasty, nutritionally packed granola recipe.
100g milled flaxseed
80g shredded coconut
80g ground almonds
80g chopped walnuts
50g chopped brazil nuts
50g chocolate chips
3 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp agave syrup
125g nut butter
1 tbsp of tahini
1. In a bowl mix together the milled flaxseed, raisins, shredded coconut, ground almonds, chopped walnuts, chopped brazil nuts and chocolate chips and set aside.
2. In a saucepan slowly melt the coconut oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, agave syrup, nut butter and tahini. Stir continuously over a low heat.
3. Once melted pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Spread the mixture out on a lined baking tray.
5. Bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
7. Store in an airtight container.
Notes: Organic ingredients are best and you can change the nuts for whichever you prefer and add seeds and other flavours to the basic recipe. This granola is perfect served with coconut yoghurt and fresh berries for breakfast or make into a bar for snacks. This recipe is so packed with protein, good fats and vitamins/minerals it will keep you going past lunchtime!
Recipe from Clare at Wild Botanic Flower Farm.